Even though it’s currently trying to snow, it was a stunning Spring weekend, so we got the foundation started for the greenhouse. I have a new appreciation for masons!
Here’s what we did this weekend.
- Moved the big plant that was in the way. (I’d like to tell you I transplanted it, but it was just too big….
- Cleared away all the bark and debris.
- Measured and marked the area for the greenhouse with stakes and string.
- Identified the lowest part and ran a level across the area so we knew how far down to set the other bricks.
- Started digging.
- Leveled each brick as we set it (which would have been much easier if we’d have dug a deeper trench and set sand in the bottom of the trench).
- Installed a future water line from the drip system under the bricks.
Ride the Train! (and hop on the new Twitter train below)
New hostess coming on board!
Meet Shellie Sakai of Grape Expectations: Life, Love and Mayhem in the Napa Valley. Not only is Shellie a fabulous blogger/writer friend of mine, but she just published her new book: THE CASTLE OF NO RETURN: Billy Bob’s Dilemma.My Mad Mind and The Survival Mama and Shellie Sakai. Here’s how it works:
- Follow me (via email or newsletter) & the other 2 hostesses (first three spots on the linky)
- Leave a comment for me if you’re a new follower via email or newsletter and I will follow back
- Include the link-up button in your post!
- Link up your blog post for “Tuesday Train”
….and NOW you can link up your Twitter to the newest car on the train!
Be sure to add your TWITTER link, and same “rules” apply.