…It’s our home.
Master Bedroom Remodel
On the same weekend that I got distracted *squirrel!* and did the RV Kitchen Remodel I decided to tackle our equally lame master bedroom.
Again, I totally relied on Beth over at Sawdust and Embryos for all the great details on this headboard. I had to do some math to make sure it fit my space, but each square is individually created, and then Liquid Nailed onto another board that then gets attached to the trailer wall.
Supplies for Headboard:
- Fabric, cut into squares based off the math for your space (Don’t forget to include allowance for wrapping it around the back. (I used microsuede that matched the new comforter)
- Fiberfill (the loose stuff)
- Liquid Nails
- Backboard cut into squares based off your math. I used a cheap thin, bathroom surround 4 x 8 sheet. It only needs to be 1/4″ thick.
- Nailgun and nails
- Finish nails or screws to attach entire headboard to the trailer wall (be sure to use something that won’t go all the way through)
To make the headboard:
- Fold over one corner of the fabric around the board and staple it a few inches up each side to make a pocket.
- Put in fiberfill, pushing it tight and deep into the corner, then staple, then fill, then staple, until the whole thing is done, then staple up the final corner.
- Once they’re all done, glue them onto the other backing board (that you’ll attach to the trailer) — I suppose that you could attach each one… but I didn’t do it that way.
- I used my finish nail gun and nailed the SHIZ out of this since the front wall of the trailer makes the bedroom wall inclined (and again, with the goat trails…we’d be bouncing the crap out of those little tiles!). UPDATE: We’ve been camping in it for over a year and they haven’t even shifted.
- I DO WISH that I would have used a dark marker on the wall behind the boards, so there wasn’t that little line of paint — trailer cabinets are apparently not exactly level :/
Other supplies used in this remodel:
- Drywall mud
- Drywall mud spatula
- Drywall sandpaper
- 220 Grit sandpaper
- Paintbrushes and sponges — assorted sizes
- Kilz primer
- Final bedroom paint (this is a cream color)
- Blinds and valances
If you’re coming over from Pinterest, and haven’t been here before, here are other posts you might like:
And if you’re into books, you can check out my New Releases page for everything that’s out right now, including my bestseller time travel romance, WARRIOR (and if you’re not into time travel, there are still lots of hot guys, kickass chicks, and some cyberpunk…. )
I don’t post very often (because I’m usually camping or writing or painting :) but if you’d like to make sure you don’t miss one of my (very) infrequent posts, you can get the blog via email.