Last year’s greenhouse didn’t make it through the winter, so we spent the weekend picking up pieces of the frame and fabric :( The good news is I got to scout out a new location for Attempt #2 and we’ve decided on building a Lean-to style against the back garage. I found this great book: How to Build Your Own Greenhouse — lots of drawings, tips, ideas. Highly recommend for any of you thinking about taking on this project.
This is where I decided to stick the greenhouse:
For a couple of reasons:
- It’s level. The garden is very NOT.
- It’s hidden from street view. The way our lot sits, no one (except the million of you reading this :) will be able to drive by and see this gigantic grocery store.
- Anchoring it against the garage will hopefully keep it from blowing away!
SO…I’m totally open to any great suggestions on flooring, glazing, shelves, vents. I’ll be researching all of that in the coming weeks and sharing what I find. Here’s the Next Step in the Greenhouse Project.
Happy Spring! Are you planting yet???
Ride the Train! (and hop on the new Twitter train below)My Mad Mind and The Survival Mama. Here’s how it works:
- Follow all the hostess and co-hostesses (first two spots on the linky)
- Leave a comment if you’re a new follower and I will follow back.
- Include the link-up button in your post!
- Link up your blog post for “Tuesday Train”.
….and NOW you can link up your Twitter to the newest car on the train!
Be sure to add your TWITTER link, and same “rules” apply.