Four kids have drowned in Utah waters in the last 2 weeks.
That’s four kids too many.
With so much snow in the mountains, we’re still experiencing Spring run-off, causing swift-moving waters, and dangerous situations.
I read this great article about staying safe, and it had several great tips on how to prevent drowing.
1. Assume toddlers are ALWAYS headed toward the water. Period.
2. Once a body slips even a few inches below the surface it’s nearly impossible to see. Fully clothed little kids with shoes on will be well below the surface – you WON’T be able to spot them floating on the surface!
3. Prevention is the ONLY way to guarantee drowning safety.
4. Set barriers with consequences: “If you go past these chairs….”
5. Being outside with them isn’t enough. It only takes a second….
Wishing you and your family a SAFE summer!